Please join Pioneer Quix Stix for Conestoga High School’s
4th Annual Stoga 5v5 Lax Fest
Clinic and Tournament!
Sunday, October 15th
11:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Conestoga’s Teamer Field
Quix Stix hopes to submit several teams from our 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th grade players. If your daughter is interested in playing, please respond to the appropriate person:
5th grade: Colleen Marengo, email@example.com
6th grade: Liz Nicolic, firstname.lastname@example.org
7th grade: Colleen Marengo, email@example.com
8th grade: Marla Carson, firstname.lastname@example.org
** If interested in submitting a group of 6 (up to 9) as a team please include that list.
* We are aware that there are people who have conflicts with other sports that day, but may be able to join us a bit later. If that is the case, let me know you are interested and we can add you to a team as a sub.
Schedule for the day:
|11:30am-12:15pm||Lunch concessions, check-in, dynamic warm-up/stretching conducted by certified trainers|
|12:30pm-1:15pm||Clinic Sessions (shooting, dodging, defensive techniques) with top-notch guest clinicians|
|1:15pm-1:30pm||5v5 Demonstration Clinic (Short-Sided Format – Rules and Techniques)|
|1:30pm-4:15pm||5v5 Round Robin Games|
- 5v5 “half-court” format is fast-paced and participatory — lots of touches, lots of action on offense / defense / in transition – all in quick succession. No better format from a player developmental standpoint!
- Teams play multiple short-sided games in quick succession with periodic breaks (games are approximately 10 minutes long).
- Festive setting – vendors, food/beverages/bake sale, skills contests, prizes, raffles, etc. Emphasis will be on having fun! Testimonials abound!!
- Event will help Conestoga teams raise money for the Fighting Back Scholarship Program and it’s Peter Kienzle Fund.
This day is always so much fun; we hope you can make it!
Please let us know as soon as possible if you are available!